La Paz Climate & Temperature
- La Paz, Bolivia is at 16°31'S, 68°10'W, 4071 m (13356 ft). See map.
- La Paz has a polar tundra climate with no true summer (Köppen-Geiger classification: ET).
- According to the Holdridge life zones system of bioclimatic classification La Paz is situated in or near the polar desert biome.
- The mean temperature is 7.5 degrees Celsius (45.6 degrees Fahrenheit). See the temperatures page for a monthly breakdown and the fixed scale graph.
- Average monthly temperatures vary by 4 °C (7.2°F). This indicates that the continentality type is hyperoceanic, subtype truly hyperoceanic.
- Total annual Precipitation averages 564 mm (22.2 inches) which is equivalent to 564 Litres/m² (13.83 Gallons/ft²).
- On average there are 2292 hours of sunshine per year. Visit the sunshine and daylight section to check monthly details including how high in the sky the sun reaches each month.
- If you were to burrow down through the Earth from La Paz you would come out nearest to the climate station at Haikou, China where you would find a Humid subtropical climate (Subtropical moist forest biome).
Rio de Janeiro,
Climate of La Paz, Bolivia Discussion
Post your insights, comments, questions, answers, feedback, error reports, related link suggestions etc. using the easy form below:
Navigate to Surrounding Climate Guides:
- Sena Madureira, Brazil - 822.7 kms (511.2 miles) N
- Puerto Maldonado, Peru - 449.5 kms (279.3 miles) NNW
- Cuzco, Peru - 521.7 kms (324.2 miles) NW
- San Juan De Marcona, Peru - 756.5 kms (470.1 miles) W
- Juliaca, Peru - 240.5 kms (149.4 miles) WNW
- Arequipa, Peru - 361.4 kms (224.6 miles) W
- Visviri-Tenencia, Chile - 186.1 kms (115.7 miles) SW
- Tacna, Peru - 279.3 kms (173.5 miles) SW
- Arica, Chile - 306.2 kms (190.3 miles) SW
- Codpa-Reten, Chile - 306.1 kms (190.2 miles) SSW
- Camina-Tenencia, Chile - 338.5 kms (210.3 miles) SSW
- Iquique-Diego Aracena, Chile - 495 kms (307.6 miles) SSW
- Huatacondo, Chile - 499.7 kms (310.5 miles) S
- Antofagasta, Chile - 806.2 kms (501 miles) SSW